Low income households often struggle to understand how microinsurance products work and how they can benefit from it. In some cases, this is compounded by mis-selling. To serve the market well, microinsurance providers need to develop a more responsible approach to microinsurance provision. This training will explore standards, guidelines and strategies for providing microinsurance responsibly so that clients derive optimum value while providers enhance the long-term viability of their operations.
Training objectives :
- Distill seven core principles of responsible microinsurance provision
- Articulate the business case for providing microinsurance responsibly
- Discuss standards and guidelines for building a value chain that can deliver microinsurance responsibly
- Analyse examples of responsible microinsurance design and delivery
- Apply industry standards and guidelines to make an microinsurance offering more responsible.